01 September 2010

Buck/Fire/Peck

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last butterfly update.  I apologize...

I was happy today to find not one but three new butterflies for my "Yard List".  They were:

Common Buckeye
Fiery Skipper
Peck's Skipper

I wasn't really expecting PECK'S SKIPPER to show up here but alas, I noticed this guy fluttering around.  It even perched for a picture, maybe my new best for this species:


A couple seconds after that, a different skipper came in and harassed the Peck's... turned out to be my first FIERY SKIPPER for the yard.  Here it is as if it were asking "Hey, you don't happen to be a female Fiery Skipper, do you???"  The Peck's Skipper was having none of that:



Later after the Fiery Skipper gave up, I caught a glimpse of it from above:




No comments:

Post a Comment